Who was Sarah Everard? The “brilliant and beautiful” woman who was a “shining example”


Metropolitan Police officer to be convicted of the kidnapping, rape and murder of Sarah Everard, the 33-year-old London marketing manager whose body was found in a Kent forest more than a week after her first disappearance .

PC Wayne Couzens pleaded guilty to the rape and kidnapping of Ms Everard in June before admitting his murder a month later while locked in Belmarsh high security prison.

After Ms. Everard’s body was identified, her family released a statement, describing her as a “shining example.” They said, “Sarah was bright and beautiful – a wonderful daughter and sister. She was kind and caring, caring and reliable.

The statement added, “She always put others first and had the most incredible sense of humor. She was strong and had principle and a shining example to all of us. We are very proud of her and she has brought so much joy to our lives.

What else do we know about Sarah Everard?

Sarah Everard was a 33-year-old woman who lived in Brixton, south London, but was originally from York.

She is said to have graduated from St Cuthbert’s Society at Durham University in 2008 before moving to London and working as a marketing manager.

Read more:

Ms Everard was last seen wearing a green rain jacket, navy pants with a white diamond pattern, and turquoise and orange sneakers. She was also believed to be wearing green headphones and a white beanie.

Sarah Everard CCTV Image Captured The Night Of Her Disappearance

(Metropolitan police)

Who are her family, boyfriend and friends?

Ms Everard reportedly had a 15-minute phone call with her boyfriend Josh Lowth before she went missing.

His father, Jeremy, professor of electronics at York University, and his mother, Sue, traveled from their home in York to London to help with the research alongside his brother, James, and sister, Katie, after her disappearance. .

His family said his disappearance was completely irrelevant.

Rose Woollard, who met Ms Everard while studying at Durham University, described her friend as “beautiful, caring and incredibly kind” and said she was eager to start a new job.

Sarah Everard went missing on March 3 on her way home to Brixton from a friend’s house in Clapham, south London


Ms Woollard told the BBC: “She has always been an exceptional friend, giving up everything to be there to support her friends whenever they need her.

“It wasn’t until recently that she told me the good news of her new role as Senior Marketing Account Manager, which she was excited to start.”

What happened to him?

Ms Everard disappeared on her way home to a friend’s house in south London on March 3.

She is believed to have passed through Clapham Common on her way to her home in Brixton, a journey that should have taken around 50 minutes.

She was last seen on a doorbell camera walking along the A205 Poynders Road towards Tulse Hill around 9:30 p.m. on the night of her disappearance.

The London Metropolitan Police sounded the alarm on March 6 after Ms Everard failed to make contact with friends and family and posted an image of herself on CCTV.

Shortly before midnight on March 9, police announced that a serving Metropolitan Police officer had been arrested at a Kent property in connection with Ms Everard’s disappearance. At this point, no further details have been given about the man or the reasons for his arrest.

Police said a woman was also arrested on suspicion of aiding an offender.

Police search a house on Freemen’s Way in Deal, Kent

(Getty Images)

Police officers at the Great Chart Golf & Leisure Country Club in Ashford, Kent on March 11


On March 10, detectives were photographed searching a house in Deal, Kent, and in woods near Ashford.

Later that day, police revealed that detained police officer Wayne Couzens, 48, was arrested for kidnapping on March 9 and was again arrested on suspicion of murder and a separate allegation of molestation.

Police said he was a member of the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command, the unit responsible for guarding the Westminster estate, including Downing Street and the Palace of Westminster, as well as foreign embassies in London.

Wayne Couzens, 48, was a member of the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command Unit


That evening, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick announced that officers searching the woods in Ashford had discovered what appeared to be human remains.

On March 12, police confirmed that the body found was Ms. Everard’s.

What is the latest in the survey?

PC Wayne Couzens, 48, appeared at the Old Bailey on June 8, where he pleaded guilty to the kidnapping and rape of Sarah Everard.

A month later, on July 9, he pleaded guilty to murder.

His defense attorney, James Sturman QC, told the court at the time: “His pleas represent truly genuine guilt and remorse for what he did and as he told us this morning he will wear that burden for the rest of his life and he deserves it. These are his words.

The former officer, who was officially removed from his Metropolitan Police duties on July 16, is to be sentenced for his crimes in a two-day hearing on September 29 and 30.

He could face a lifetime tariff, meaning he would spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Additional reports by agencies


Leave A Reply