DURHAM – In accordance with Duke University policy and local regulations, Duke Athletics has updated its mask warrant policy for fans and spectators.
- Starting Monday, August 30, Duke will require masks / face covers at all Duke Athletics events for all individuals regardless of their immunization status. This mask mandate applies to all events in all venues – indoor and outdoor – and in all areas associated with match day (e.g. fan areas, premium / home areas, etc.) .
- Face masks / covers are mandatory for all guests over five years old, regardless of their immunization status.
- Face masks / covers are mandatory at all times, except when actively eating or drinking.
- Reasonable accommodations for guests with medical or behavioral conditions or a disability will be available. Please contact Duke University Disability Management for assistance.
- Face masks / coverings are required for all customers using Duke Transit services – including courtesy shuttles on match days and vans equipped with accessible elevators for accessibility assistance (if applicable).
- Where seating arrangement and space permit, guests are encouraged to distance themselves as much as possible from other parties.
- Stay home if you feel sick. Guests should not attend a game if they have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, a new loss / change in taste or smell, or if they have recently tested positive for COVID-19.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a contagious disease that can lead to serious illness, with people over 65 and the underlying medical conditions particularly vulnerable. By attending a sporting event on the Duke University campus, the individual assumes all risk associated with exposure to COVID-19.
Customers are encouraged to make the right choice for their own safety and that of others around them. Duke will continue to put the health and safety of our larger community first. We strongly encourage all people to be fully immunized before attending events on the Duke University campus and expect all visitors to adhere to university, local and national guidelines. No proof of vaccination will be required.
Guidelines are subject to change throughout the season. Please visit GoDuke.com/staysafe and follow @Duke_GAMEDAY on Twitter for match day updates.
Duke is committed to promoting a safe environment for all gameday guests.