Music at Parker Park
- Vibes in the City will feature West Wing Band at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, March 24 at Parker Park. Bring a blanket or lawn chair for the free event. The next event is Konspiracy on April 28.
- Tunica Hills Music Festival and Jam will take place from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, March 26 at Parker Park in St. Francisville. The event is free and people are welcome to bring their instruments. Many musical genres will be available. Food vendors will be on site. Bring chairs and blankets. Coolers are allowed.
Art exhibition for Jackson
An art exhibition is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, April 2, at Charter Street Studio, Jackson. Featured artists include Donna Kilbourne, Alice Kent, Frances Durham, Cheri Fry, Catherine Rouchon, Ricky O’Brien, Tabatha Alcina, Meredith Smith and others.
- The St. Francisville Farmers Market will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays in front of Parker Park on Commerce Street.
- The Clinton Community Market will be held from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on April 2. Activities will include BBQ, crawfish, Bob Browning Band, Kids Korner, car show as well as giveaways, jewelry, clothing, handmade items, decor, fruits, vegetables, cookies , candles and more for sale.
Pets on parade
The West Feliciana 4-H Pet Parade fundraiser will be held April 7 at West Feliciana Sports Park. Registration is from 5:30 p.m. to 6 p.m., lineup is at 6:05 p.m., and the parade starts 5 minutes later.
Admission is $5 per animal. All animals must be kept on a leash or in a transport cage. The categories will be Look a Like (Owner and pet dressed alike), Best Dressed, Most Unusual, Biggest, Smallest, Best Easter Costume, Best Float, and Judges Choice.
Sign up to play ball
Registration for baseball, softball and T-ball is open at West Feliciana. The deadline is April 1 and costs $90, which includes a hat, belt, sweater, and socks. Register on www.wfprec.com.
The games begin the first week of May. The practices of the Academy are:
- T-ball (4-5 years old): March 28 at 6 p.m.
- Pitch for coaches (6 years old): March 28 and March 31 at 6 p.m.
- Baseball (7-8 years old) (9-10 years old) (11-12 years old): March 28 and 31 at 6 p.m.
- Softball: (7-8 years old) (9-10 years old) (11-12 years old): March 29 and March 30 at 6 p.m.
Field locations for academy practices will be sent later.
Need for volunteer coaches. If you are interested in coaching a team, email email@example.com
2022 Nursing Scholarship Application Period Open
Lane Volunteer Services is accepting applications for the 2022 Nursing Scholarship. The application deadline is April 23.
A $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to a Louisiana high school graduate student who plans to pursue a career in nursing and will be attending a Louisiana college, university, or other accredited nursing program.
For an application, visitanermc.org and click News, call (225) 658-6699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Barn Hill Market
The first Market on the Hill will take place at Barn Hill Preserve on March 25-26.
Day 1 features shopping, live music and boiled crawfish available for purchase from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
On day two, vintage-inspired outdoor shopping and market, live music and food, kangaroo ride, interactive animal shows, inflatables, and gem mining (for a fee) ) will be available for children.
Market-goers can purchase Friday passes for $15, Saturday passes for $10, or a 2-day pass for $20. Children 12 and under are free.
Additional Saturday events include a morning chili cook-off and a Tacky Prom from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday for ages 21 and up.
To purchase tickets, visit:
Strong Women classes available
A new session of Strong Women, a research-based strength training program, will be offered by the West Feliciana Parks and Recreation Department beginning March 8. Morning and evening classes will be available: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. and Wednesdays and Fridays at 8:15 a.m. Morning classes are followed by optional floor sessions, which focus on core muscles. Classes will be held at West Feliciana Community Center, 10498 La. 965, St. Francisville.
For more information on registration, equipment requirements, or other questions about the Strong Women program, contact Pam Myers, Instructor, by email at email@example.com or by phone at (225) 635-4878.